Definition of absorbing in English:
Intensely interesting; engrossing: an absorbing account of their marriage
More example sentences
- The most obvious reason, I imagine, is that the more we learn of our distant relatives, the more we learn about ourselves - a subject that is, naturally, of absorbing interest.
- But irrespective of whether you are a collector, this is an absorbing book for anyone interested in history or other cultures.
- It should be a most interesting and absorbing match.
- Example sentences
- Learning in the traditional classroom could be an absorbingly interesting experience only if there is a talented and dedicated teacher who cares for children.
- The book has an absorbingly detailed description of the intricacies of this market.
- Mary Swan's ‘The Deep’ is an absorbingly haunting account of a pair of mutually dependent mirror-image twin sisters who go overseas during World War I.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan