- Intensely interesting; engrossing: an absorbing account of their marriageMore example sentences
- The most obvious reason, I imagine, is that the more we learn of our distant relatives, the more we learn about ourselves - a subject that is, naturally, of absorbing interest.
- But irrespective of whether you are a collector, this is an absorbing book for anyone interested in history or other cultures.
- It should be a most interesting and absorbing match.
- More example sentences
- Learning in the traditional classroom could be an absorbingly interesting experience only if there is a talented and dedicated teacher who cares for children.
- The book has an absorbingly detailed description of the intricacies of this market.
- Mary Swan's ‘The Deep’ is an absorbingly haunting account of a pair of mutually dependent mirror-image twin sisters who go overseas during World War I.