- A spectrum of electromagnetic radiation transmitted through a substance, showing dark lines or bands due to absorption at specific wavelengths. Compare with emission spectrum.More example sentences
- Following Forster himself, one may use a specific absorption spectrum, a normalized emission spectrum and an estimate of the radiative lifetime.
- The wide absorption spectrum of the electron transfer chain revealed by the transient measurements may contribute to the high efficiency of energy trapping in PSI.
- The redshift in the absorption spectrum reflects electronic interactions between the porphyrin and the melanins.
More definitions of absorption spectrumDefinition of absorption spectrum in:
- The US English dictionary