Definition of absquatulate in English:
verb[no object, with adverbial] humorous, chiefly North American
Leave abruptly: some overthrown dictator who had absquatulated to the USA
More example sentences
- When I find out where Colonel Prosyonni went when he absquatulated, it will be a moot point.
- Actually, absquatulate means to leave hurriedly, with the implication that one is being pursued.
- He [an old bull-walrus] heard us, and lazily awakening, raised his head and prepared to absquatulate.
- Example sentences
- It went downhill after its deplorable absquatulation to North Kingstown, in 1964.
- Bailey Beadle, senior partner of Beadle and Tatum, a South Florida private investigating firm specializing in cases of provoked absquatulation, was mulling over his morning mail.
- When Gwenyth Paltrow perfected a flawless English accent to accompany her brilliant acting in Emma, eyes turned and casting began with absquatulation.
Definition of absquatulate in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.