Definition of absquatulate in English:
verb[no object, with adverbial] humorous , chiefly North American
Leave abruptly: some overthrown dictator who had absquatulated to the USA
More example sentences
- When I find out where Colonel Prosyonni went when he absquatulated, it will be a moot point.
- Actually, absquatulate means to leave hurriedly, with the implication that one is being pursued.
- He [an old bull-walrus] heard us, and lazily awakening, raised his head and prepared to absquatulate.
- Example sentences
- It went downhill after its deplorable absquatulation to North Kingstown, in 1964.
- Bailey Beadle, senior partner of Beadle and Tatum, a South Florida private investigating firm specializing in cases of provoked absquatulation, was mulling over his morning mail.
- When Gwenyth Paltrow perfected a flawless English accent to accompany her brilliant acting in Emma, eyes turned and casting began with absquatulation.
Definition of absquatulate in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan