- A summary giving details of the title deeds and documents that prove an owner’s right to dispose of land, together with any encumbrances that relate to the property: solicitors insist on a full abstract of titleMore example sentences
- The vendor usually proves his title by sending copies or summaries of the documents (an epitome of title or an abstract of title) to the purchaser or his solicitor.
- The old rule in England required that an abstract of title should cover the 60 years before the proposed sale.
- For example, we employ a full-time abstractor whose services include preparation of abstracts of title in many Louisiana parishes.
More definitions of abstract of titleDefinition of abstract of title in:
- The US English dictionary