- 1In an absurd way; ridiculously: he brags absurdly about his horseMore example sentences
- This list wasn't originally intended for a quiz so some are absurdly easy and others impossibly hard.
- The contempt and indifference for her own child, which she continually voices, is absurdly unbelievable.
- It also sets an absurdly high standard of perfection for market performance.
- 1.1 [as submodifier] To a very surprising extent: the share price is absurdly lowMore example sentences
preposterously, ridiculously, ludicrously, farcically, laughably, risibly; idiotically, stupidly, foolishly, inanely, insanely, madly, wildly, fantastically, grotesquely; completely, absolutely, entirely, totally, wholly, thoroughly, utterly, quite, altogether, downright, perfectly; unbelievably, incredibly, unthinkably, implausibly; extremely, exceedingly, excessively, exorbitantly, unduly, inordinately, immoderately, unreasonably, irrationally, illogically, impossibly; offensively, unspeakably, intolerably, maddeningly, outrageously, shockingly
- His legs took a few tentative steps into the room, the sound of his boots on the soft wood absurdly loud in his ears.
- I must confess, however, I'm finding the terror cycle an absurdly entertaining piece of global sport.
- He isn't a decent offensive option - he's shooting 43.3 percent for his career, absurdly low for a center.