- 1In large quantities; plentifully: the plant grows abundantly in the wildMore example sentences
- Wild parsley grows so abundantly at the top of our steep section that I've never needed to plant any in the garden.
- But it was not too hard to do this at this time of year when wild grass grew abundantly in the fields.
- Jupiter frequently rules plants that grow abundantly and dandelion is a particularly good example.
- 1.1 [as submodifier] Extremely: my boss made it abundantly clear that if I didn’t like it, I should look for another jobMore example sentences
extremely, exceedingly, exceptionally, especially, extraordinarily, extra, tremendously, immensely, vastly, hugely, singularly, significantly, distinctly, outstandingly, uncommonly, unusually, decidedly, particularly, eminently, supremely, highly, remarkably, really, truly, mightily, thoroughly; all that, to a great extent, most, so; sufficiently, … enough; Scottish unco; French très; Northern English right• informal terrifically, awfully, terribly, devilishly, majorly, seriously, mega, ultra, oh-so, stinking, mucho, damn, damnedSouth African • informal lekker• archaic exceeding
- He'd made it abundantly clear that it was an extremely risky game to play.
- Recent research has made it abundantly clear that females are not passive participants in sexual reproduction.
- Global atmospherics made it abundantly clear that thinking globally and acting locally were not enough.