- The period of the year during which students attend school or university, usually reckoned from the beginning of the autumn term to the end of the summer term.More example sentences
- It's unlikely you'll find out your re-mark grade before the beginning of the academic year in September.
- BBC News Online will catch up with the Sussex University students again at the end of the academic year.
- Writing in the summer, he devotes the academic year primarily to teaching and service.
More definitions of academic yearDefinition of academic year in:
- The US English dictionary