Definition of academician in English:
1A member of an academy, especially the Royal Academy of Arts or the Académie française.
- He is an academician of the Russian Academy of Sciences and a member of the Presidential Council on Sciences and Education, and has enormous influence on the selection and training of all Russian space travelers.
- Topgyal, a Tibetan academician of the Chinese Academy of Engineering, was very excited at the news about the successful launch of the manned Shenzhou V spaceship that made China the third country in the world to send a man into space.
- Although he has been elected mayor twice in succession since 1995, Xu is an academician at the Chinese Academy of Engineering, and is still a professor and tutor for doctoral students of the university.
2North American An academic or intellectual.
- Microsoft makes its source code accessible to a variety of customers, partners, researchers, governments and academicians through the Shared Source Initiative.
- The primary reason for this transition is that scholars and academicians in medical schools consider the data important and possibly valid.
- At other times, academicians or scholarly researchers have debated it in publications.
Definition of academician in:
- US English dictionary