- A small deep-bodied freshwater fish native to Central and South America, having elongated dorsal and anal fins.
More example sentences
- Genera Aequidens and Cichlasoma, family Cichlidae: several species
- In the present study we experimentally reduced brood size in the Panamanian acara, Aequidens coeruleopunctatus.
- We used the blue acara cichlid as a model diurnal predator species.
- Well I have given the blue acaras away and didn't take any pics of them spawning to send you.
from Portuguese acaré, from Tupi.