Definition of acarology in English:
The study of mites and ticks.
- Ronald Ochoa, the U.S. Department of Agriculture's chief expert on mites, is about to transform the 200-year-old study of mites - the science called acarology.
- These advances herald a new age for acarology and provide easier, faster, and more efficient ways to control and use mites to benefit humans.
- Systematic and Applied Acarology Society - Dedicated to promoting the development of acarology in China and enhancing communication among acarologists in the world.
- Example sentences
- It is headed by renowned acarologist Carl C. Childers, an entomology professor with the University of Florida.
- ‘Although conventional SEMs have been used by acarologists for the past 30 years, Wergin's technique has many advantages,’ says Ochoa.
- Goff's professional career started at the Bishop Museum in Honolulu, where he worked as an acarologist.
Definition of acarology in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan