- A substance used to aid the spread of fire: stolen accelerants could be used as fire bombsMore example sentences
- The three-year-old labrador, whose main duty is to sniff out fire accelerants like petrol or paraffin where arson is suspected, has impressed his bosses so much on his nine-month trial that he will become a full-time fixture.
- For years, arson investigators looked for telltale signs of chipped concrete based on the assumption that fire accelerants like gasoline cause such fragmentation.
- Note that the patient has used liberal amounts of hair gel, hair spray, and perfume, all of which act as fuel and accelerants for a fire.
adjective• technical Back to top
- Accelerating or causing acceleration: accelerant factors for carcinomaMore example sentences
- Catherine took up Mandarin, one of the most difficult languages to learn, in the accelerant class at Tauranga Intermediate.
- And so there's an accelerant effect for information flowing through the network.
More definitions of accelerantDefinition of accelerant in:
- The US English dictionary