- Agreeing or compatible: I found the music accordant with the words of the serviceMore example sentences
- Or perhaps the soul itself acts immediately, affirming the Beautiful where it finds something accordant with the Ideal-Form within itself, using this Idea as a canon of accuracy in its decision.
- It is the oldest, the clearest, and the most accordant with the common reason of mankind ’.
- The revelation of divine ‘power’ in the form of divine humility, moreover, is not only accordant with, but ultimately explanatory of, the curious world that evolutionary science now presents to us.
Middle English: from Old French acordant, from acorder 'bring to an agreement' (see accord).
More definitions of accordantDefinition of accordant in:
- The US English dictionary