- 1In a way that is appropriate to the particular circumstances: we have to discover what his plans are and act accordinglyMore example sentences
- The basic message is that all fleet managers need to evaluate their own circumstances and act accordingly.
- It would have been much more responsible of them had they accepted this and acted accordingly.
- The more perceptive members of the group will be able to detect there's something wrong and act accordingly.
- 2 [sentence adverb] As a result; therefore: there was no breach of the rules; accordingly, there will be no disciplinary inquiryMore example sentences
- The rules of land law were accordingly altered in order to facilitate this process.
- Intention is not capable of positive proof, and, accordingly, it is inferred from the overt acts.
- The tenant for life of settled land holds the legal estate and accordingly has the right to occupy the property.