Definition of accountable in English:
1Required or expected to justify actions or decisions; responsible: ministers are accountable to Parliament parents cannot be held accountable for their children’s actions
More example sentences
- When nobody can be held accountable for decisions like this, democracy is dead.
- He suggested that a club be formed and that its members be held accountable for the responsible use of the pier.
- History will tell whether those responsible will be held accountable for their crimes.
- Example sentences
- He finished third to See More Business in ‘99, second to Looks Like Trouble the following year and ran accountably badly when down the field behind Best Mate two years ago.
- We diligently dedicate ourselves every single day to ensuring these things don't occur but when they do, we have to act responsibly and accountably and that's exactly what we will do.
- The only way that can be done is if people help bring them publicly and accountably before the courts.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan