Definition of accountable in English:
1Required or expected to justify actions or decisions; responsible: ministers are accountable to Parliament parents cannot be held accountable for their children’s actions
More example sentences
- When nobody can be held accountable for decisions like this, democracy is dead.
- He suggested that a club be formed and that its members be held accountable for the responsible use of the pier.
- History will tell whether those responsible will be held accountable for their crimes.
- Example sentences
- He finished third to See More Business in ‘99, second to Looks Like Trouble the following year and ran accountably badly when down the field behind Best Mate two years ago.
- We diligently dedicate ourselves every single day to ensuring these things don't occur but when they do, we have to act responsibly and accountably and that's exactly what we will do.
- The only way that can be done is if people help bring them publicly and accountably before the courts.