(US also accouterment)
- An additional item of dress or equipment: the accoutrements of religious ritualMore example sentences
- Other additional accoutrements such as wedding veils, fairy wings etc will also garner bonus points.
- With a poncho, the correct accoutrements are a sombrero and some tequila; with matching hats and scarves, facial hair and a job at Santa's grotto is recommended.
- Both create diaristic work steeped in the symbols and accoutrements of Afro-Cuban religious ritual.
mid 16th century: from French, from accoutrer 'clothe, equip' (see accoutre).
More definitions of accoutrementDefinition of accoutrement in:
- The US English dictionary