Definition of accusing in English:
(Of an expression, gesture, or tone of voice) indicating a belief in someone’s guilt or culpability: she stared at him with accusing eyes
More example sentences
- There was an accusing tone to her voice, one that she couldn't quite conceal.
- The last part was said with a half accusing tone, tempered by the deep affection in her eyes.
- But haven't there been other tragedies on this scale, the accusing voices say.
- Example sentences
- Over half the seats sat accusingly empty throughout the ‘public meeting’.
- The monumental bust, The Last Roman, looks on accusingly.
- When I went home for winter vacation, my beloved ponderosa pines seemed to regard me accusingly in the mist.
Definition of accusing in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan