- A Eurasian or North American deciduous tree or shrub of a genus which includes the maples and the European sycamore.
More example sentences
- Genus Acer, family Aceraceae: numerous species
- The beds are planted with a wide range of trees and shrubs, including acers, camellias, rhododendrons, oaks and beeches, beneath which grow choice perennials and bulbs.
- Six acres of grounds with herbaceous plants, shrubs, climbers and trees including cedars, wellingtonias, acers, oaks and rhododendrons, wild flower walk and terraced lawns leading to a series of lakes.
- The trees include willow, cherry, poplar, acers, larch, ash, birch, sycamore, elder and sitka spruce.
from Latin, 'maple'.