noun[mass noun] Chemistry
The amide of acetic acid, a crystalline solid with a characteristic musty odour.
- Alternative name: ethanamide; chemical formula: CH3CONH2
More example sentences
- The acetamidase enzyme encoded by the amdS gene allows growth on acetamide as a carbon and/or nitrogen source by producing ammonium and acetate.
- For example, Lasso and Arena are registered trade names, alachlor is the common name, and 2-chloro-N - (2,6-diethylphenyl) N - acetamide is the chemical name for a herbicide used in corn and soybeans.
- Despite the growing use of tetramethylrhodamine maleimide / acetamide modified actins, their polymerization properties have not been described yet.
Definition of acetamide in:
- The US English dictionary