noun[mass noun] Chemistry
- A crystalline solid prepared by acetylation of aniline, used in dye manufacture.
More example sentences
- Chemical formula: C6H5NHCOCH3
- When aniline is reacted with excess acetic acid under dehydration conditions a white, crystalline material is formed, acetanilide.
- Use our expansive on-line directory to source acetanilide and other products and services from thousands of suppliers.
- If each molecule of acetanilide produces one molecule of hydroge bromide, what volume of HBr gas should be evolved from the reaction?
mid 19th century: from acet(yl) + anil(ine) + -ide.
More definitions of acetanilideDefinition of acetanilide in:
- The US English dictionary