noun[mass noun] Biochemistry
- The acetyl ester of coenzyme A, involved as an acetylating agent in many biochemical processes.More example sentences
- Coenzyme A, acetyl coenzyme A, coenzyme Q10 and NADH - along with B vitamins - are all absolutely necessary for our bodies to produce energy and maintain life.
- OAS is generated by serine acetyltransferase in a reaction catalysed from serine and acetyl coenzyme A.
- The acetate group of acetyl coenzyme A combines with a four-carbon molecule to form a six-carbon molecule.
More definitions of acetyl coenzyme ADefinition of acetyl coenzyme A in:
- The US English dictionary