More definitions of ACHDefinition of ACH in:
- The US English dictionary
- dialect (chiefly Scottish) form of ah. ach well, win some lose someMore example sentences
- One had to laugh last year when a Scottish golf magazine that shall remain nameless - ach, let's call it Bunkered for the sake of argument - ran a competition asking readers to vote for what they reckoned was the best course in the nation.
- Generally I am extremely acquisitive myself, and therefore more than willing to add to the momentous piles of stuff in the world, especially when it means my own stuff pile is going to get bigger - but this year… ach, I dunno, who needs stuff?
- I've realised that quite a few of my friends are youngest children, I think somehow it produces some kind of… ach, I don't know.
late 15th century: Scottish Gaelic, Dutch, and German.