- 1Having an ache in a part of one’s body: the cool air was a relief to my aching headMore example sentences
- Soak a cloth in cayenne powder tea to apply to an aching arthritic joint.
- I follow him out into the living room, my back aching, patting my hair.
- During three years ' hard times, the poor quality food barely appeased my aching belly.
- 2Feeling intense or wistful sadness; sorrowful: an aching feeling of nostalgiaMore example sentences
- The beach at sunset is a place of aching beauty.
- The grief journey is nature's way - God's way - of healing an aching heart.
- What she does had my heart aching in sympathetic delight.
- [as submodifier]: a sound which was achingly familiar to meMore example sentences
- He smiled and pressed a kiss to her forehead in an achingly familiar gesture.
- Mogwai always seem to find a way to express themselves with a unique sound that is deafening yet achingly beautiful.
- The sun lit up the day from start to finish and the scenery was the so breathtakingly, brilliantly, achingly beautiful it was almost unreal.