noun[mass noun] Medicine
- Absence of hydrochloric acid in the gastric secretions.More example sentences
- Malabsorption may be caused by delayed gastric emptying, prior or concurrent injury, achlorhydria, and reduced gastric mucin secretion.
- There has also been an increased incidence of atrophic gastritis and achlorhydria in patients with gluten sensitivity.
- Anyone without achlorhydria secretes hydrogen ions from gastric mucosa whether fed orally, by a nasogastric tube, or parenterally.
More definitions of achlorhydriaDefinition of achlorhydria in:
- The US English dictionary