Definition of achondrite in English:
A stony meteorite containing no small mineral granules (chondrules).
- Stones are divided into two main subcategories: chondrites and achondrites.
- It has been identified in carbonaceous achondrite and iron meteorites.
- There are a number of other achondrites that do not fit into any of the preceding groups or subgroups.
- Example sentences
- Stony-irons would then be samples from the boundary between the achondritic upper layers and the core.
- While still on the parent body, much of the achondritic material was formed by igneous processes similar to those occurring on Earth today.
- This means there are a lot of different groups and sub-types of iron meteorite and they can be related to both stony achondritic and chondrite meteorites.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan