adjective (achier, achiest)
Suffering from continuous dull pain: she felt tired and achy
More example sentences
- Severe or sharp pains are more significant than dull, achy pains.
- Venous wound pain is often minimal and may be described as dull, achy pain or heaviness in the legs.
- A tension headache is a dull, achy feeling on both sides of the head.
- Example sentences
- The virus may also be noted by a lack of appetite, general sluggishness and achiness, and by the strong feeling that everything is too much effort, including speech, eye-movement and sensible thought.
- Right now I could do with someone to gently rub the achiness from my shoulders, back and legs; to bring me a cup of tea; to cuddle up against me and keep me warm at night.
- Had an awful headache, the back is still sore, but most the other achiness has gone away.
Words that rhyme with achyBlakey, flaky, quaky, shaky, snaky, wakey-wakey
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: achy
Definition of achy in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.