Definition of acidulous in English:
- They are acid, and considered by some to be better than tamarind for the preparation of acidulous drinks.
- The rind is rough and woolly and the flesh harsh and unpalatable, with an astringent, acidulous taste.
- Our citric acid is a natural, odourless and colourless crystalline substance with a pleasantly refreshing acidulous taste.
1.1(Of a person’s remarks or tone) bitter; cutting.
- Your candid approach mixed with acidulous remarks makes you the frivolous person you are.
- I am so upset at some of the very acidulous remarks made by some people.
- Miss Grimes's distinctive voice and manner cut through the tedium even as she makes her first acidulous comment about the widow Harbury.
Definition of acidulous in:
- US English dictionary