Definition of acidulous in English:
- They are acid, and considered by some to be better than tamarind for the preparation of acidulous drinks.
- The rind is rough and woolly and the flesh harsh and unpalatable, with an astringent, acidulous taste.
- Our citric acid is a natural, odourless and colourless crystalline substance with a pleasantly refreshing acidulous taste.
1.1(Of a person’s remarks or tone) bitter; cutting.
- Your candid approach mixed with acidulous remarks makes you the frivolous person you are.
- I am so upset at some of the very acidulous remarks made by some people.
- Miss Grimes's distinctive voice and manner cut through the tedium even as she makes her first acidulous comment about the widow Harbury.
Words that rhyme with acidulousbibulous
Definition of acidulous in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan