A burrowing worm-like marine animal of shallow waters. Its body consists of a proboscis, a collar, and a long trunk with gill slits, and contains a structure resembling a notochord.
- Class Enteropneusta, phylum Hemichordata
More example sentences
- The cilia on the larvae of acorn worms capture algae.
- Pterobranchs as very different from acorn worms; they form colonies in which the individuals are interconnected by stems, or stolons.
- An acorn worm isn't much more than a thin, cylindrical bag with a head and collar resembling an acorn.
Definition of acorn worm in:
- The US English dictionary