Definition of acotyledon in English:
A plant with no distinct seed leaves, especially a fern or moss.
- One of these determinables is number of cotyledons under which fall the determinates acotyledon, monocotyledon, and dicotyledon.
- Jussieu classifies plants on the basis of cotyledons, and divides all plants into acotyledons, monocotyledons, and dicotyledons.
- Acotyledons are plants not furnished with cotyledons or seed-lobes, such as ferns, mosses and sea-weeds.
- Example sentences
- Article 620 - The name ‘Mushroom’ applies to the product formed by the fresh or dried cell tissue of acotyledonous plants (basidiomycetes, hymenomycetes and gastromycetes).
- They formed the first class of plants with the acotyledonous or agamous plants.
- The name Mushroom applies to the product formed by the fresh or dried cell tissue of acotyledonous plants.
Definition of acotyledon in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan