- The ratio of the pressure over an imaginary surface in a sound wave to the rate of particle flow across the surface.More example sentences
- The harmless waves are aimed at the part to be examined, and reflections are detected from tissue components in proportion to their acoustic impedance.
- Signal processing procedures have been developed that estimate acoustic impedance and compressional wave attenuation with depth beneath the sea floor.
- These invariably cause seismic waveform scattering and degeneration as a result of factors such as surface geometry and acoustic impedance contrasts through the lavas.
More definitions of acoustic impedanceDefinition of acoustic impedance in:
- The US English dictionary