1The action of acquiring something: the acquirement of self control
More example sentences
- ‘As our first announcement, we would like to congratulate Mr. and Mrs. Adams on their acquirement of the leadership position of the Fenton home group.’
- Other changes for Fremantle Ports in the outer harbour include the recent acquirement of 43 hectares of land.
- Another characteristic of mindfulness he mentions is ‘acquiring ‘or ‘taking up ‘, that is, acquirement of what is useful and beneficial.’
1.1 [count noun] Something acquired, typically a skill.
- It is, in the medieval sense of the term, a masterpiece - meaning, an exemplification of talents and acquirements, offered by their possessor as a gift to the onlooker, and a proof of attainment.
- Raphael is a gentleman of great talents and scientific acquirements and is well known, not only in the British Empire, but also in the United States of America.
- It is a corpus based on the assumption of the achievements of a European sensibility, steeped in cultural acquirements, aesthetic eclecticism and an accommodating receptivity of mind.
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: ac¦quire|ment
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.