1The action of acquiring something: the acquirement of self control
More example sentences
- ‘As our first announcement, we would like to congratulate Mr. and Mrs. Adams on their acquirement of the leadership position of the Fenton home group.’
- Other changes for Fremantle Ports in the outer harbour include the recent acquirement of 43 hectares of land.
- Another characteristic of mindfulness he mentions is ‘acquiring ‘or ‘taking up ‘, that is, acquirement of what is useful and beneficial.’
1.1 [count noun] Something acquired, typically a skill.
- It is, in the medieval sense of the term, a masterpiece - meaning, an exemplification of talents and acquirements, offered by their possessor as a gift to the onlooker, and a proof of attainment.
- Raphael is a gentleman of great talents and scientific acquirements and is well known, not only in the British Empire, but also in the United States of America.
- It is a corpus based on the assumption of the achievements of a European sensibility, steeped in cultural acquirements, aesthetic eclecticism and an accommodating receptivity of mind.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.