noun[mass noun] Medicine
- A condition marked by bluish or purple colouring of the hands and feet, caused by slow circulation.More example sentences
- In addition to bradycardia, cardiac findings may include acrocyanosis and decrease in overall heart size and stroke volume.
- The World Health Organization has recommended the use of ginkgo in Raynaud's disease, acrocyanosis, and post-phlebitic syndrome. (2,7)
- Although acrocyanosis should score 1, and a cry in response to a brisk tangential slap of the soles of the feet should score 2, actual scores were incorrect in a third of cases.
late 19th century: from Greek akron 'tip' + cyanosis.
More definitions of acrocyanosisDefinition of acrocyanosis in:
- The US English dictionary