noun[mass noun] Chemistry
- A pungent liquid organic acid which can be polymerized to make synthetic resins.
More example sentences
- Alternative name: propenoic acid; chemical formula: CH2CHCOOH
- For example, plasma polymerisation of a small carboxylate-containing organic compound such as acrylic acid produces surfaces bearing carboxylic acid groups.
- The researchers created the material by modifying existing hydrogels consisting of acrylic acid, acrylamide, and a polypyrrole/carbon black (Ppy / CB) composite.
- Other monomers in the plurality include acrylic acid and methyl methacrylate.
More definitions of acrylic acidDefinition of acrylic acid in:
- The US English dictionary