noun[mass noun] Chemistry
A pungent, toxic liquid, used in making artificial fibres and other polymers.
- The nitrile of acrylic acid; chemical formula: CH2CHCN
More example sentences
- Further research led to the development of a fiber Vinyon N, which is a copolymer of vinyl chloride with acrylonitrile.
- After hydrogenation, each of the four new amines on the ends of the molecule can react with acrylonitrile, resulting in eight new ends.
- It is a polymer of carboxylated butadiene and acrylonitrile, and it first was introduced as an industrial glove.
Definition of acrylonitrile in:
- The US English dictionary