Definition of action replay in English:
1A playback of part of a television broadcast, typically a slow-motion replay of an incident in a sporting event.
- And we learnt that pitch-invaders probably do not warrant a slow-motion action replay from a reverse-camera angle, which is what Sunday's got.
- I realised when I came out of the jungle and saw the action replay, that I'd actually done eleven hundred.
- How many times have you watched a match and waited for the action replay to see what REALLY happened?
1.1 informal An exact repetition of an action or event: husband Simon promised her an action replay of the wedding if she could lose weight
More example sentences
- There was a collective groan as Hayles collided with a Dutch rider and clattered down the steep incline in an action replay of an incident which had ended his Olympic dream in Sydney.
- The calamitous covering work continued three minutes later when a Moore cross and free Thompson header offered an action replay of the first goal.
- Our first game against Pakistan was an action replay of the recently concluded Pepsi Cup final in Bangalore where India were thrashed.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.