noun[mass noun] Biochemistry
- A complex of actin and myosin of which the contractile protein filaments of muscle tissue are composed.More example sentences
- It has been recognized that various NTPs have different affinities for actomyosin, and myosins complexed with these NTPs or their products have different affinities for actin.
- We have a worm whose body wall is a collagenous membrane and whose engine is the muscle protein actomyosin.
- We presented evidence implicating actin polymerization and not actomyosin activity as the dominant mechanism actuating the stiffening response.
More definitions of actomyosinDefinition of actomyosin in:
- The US English dictionary