- Sharpness or keenness of thought, vision, or hearing: intellectual acuity visual acuityMore example sentences
- We must engage visual, hearing and speaking acuity.
- Nothing is more important to the development of acuity in visual thought than drawing.
- Here though, I'm uncertain whether Boshoff's chosen subject matter is able to carry both his intellectual acuity and visual dexterity.
late Middle English: from Old French acuite or medieval Latin acuitas, from Latin acuere 'sharpen' (see acute).
More definitions of acuityDefinition of acuity in:
- The US English dictionary