Definition of acupuncture in English:
A system of complementary medicine in which fine needles are inserted in the skin at specific points along what are considered to be lines of energy (meridians), used in the treatment of various physical and mental conditions.
- Other useful complementary treatments include acupuncture, chiropractic, yoga and hypnosis.
- He developed his own system of Energy Medicine which was initially based on Chinese acupuncture.
- We can see how acupuncture, homoeopathy and herbalism might be tested.
- Example sentences
- Chiropractors must become licensed acupuncturists to practice acupuncture.
- Meanwhile, my holistic healer referred me to other complementary medicine practitioners like acupuncturists, massage therapists, energy healers and chakra readers to help me relax and become more focused.
- Acupressure overcomes the need for an acupuncturist to be physically present and I believe its effects to be comparable to any needling treatments.
Words that rhyme with acupunctureaquaculture
Definition of acupuncture in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan