- A system of complementary medicine in which fine needles are inserted in the skin at specific points along what are considered to be lines of energy (meridians), used in the treatment of various physical and mental conditions.More example sentences
- Other useful complementary treatments include acupuncture, chiropractic, yoga and hypnosis.
- He developed his own system of Energy Medicine which was initially based on Chinese acupuncture.
- We can see how acupuncture, homoeopathy and herbalism might be tested.
- More example sentences
- Chiropractors must become licensed acupuncturists to practice acupuncture.
- Meanwhile, my holistic healer referred me to other complementary medicine practitioners like acupuncturists, massage therapists, energy healers and chakra readers to help me relax and become more focused.
- Acupressure overcomes the need for an acupuncturist to be physically present and I believe its effects to be comparable to any needling treatments.
late 17th century: from Latin acu 'with a needle' + puncture.
More definitions of acupunctureDefinition of acupuncture in:
- The US English dictionary