- The sharpness of a photographic or printed image.More example sentences
- Not only is the roll printable, it has extremely high acutance - the prints from it appear almost unreally sharp.
- Highlight separation, sharpness and acutance are increased because they give more pronounced edge effects than other developers.
- Because of the tanning effect of catechol on emulsion gelatine, it has many of the properties of pyrogallol, including high acutance and low fog.
More definitions of acutanceDefinition of acutance in:
- The US English dictionary