- Appointed to act in a lawsuit on behalf of a child or other person who is not considered capable of representing themselves.More example sentences
- However, the federal government left implementation of guardian ad litem requirements to the states.
- A Guardian ad litem may seek to withdraw by filing a motion with the court that appointed the Guardian.
- Serving as a Guardian ad litem in a contested family law proceeding is a challenging job.
Latin, literally 'for the lawsuit'.
More definitions of ad litemDefinition of ad litem in:
- The US English dictionary