(US also adder-tongue)
- 1A fern having a single pointed oval frond and a straight spore-bearing stem.
More example sentences
- Genus Ophioglossum, family Ophioglossaceae, in particular O. vulgatum
- In it grow such ferns as adder's tongue fern, bog fern, Christmas fern, crested fern, Goldie's fern, maidenhair fern, New York fern, ostrich fern, and spinulose woodfern.
- The general conclusion was that the impact of the first year's cattle grazing had helped the adder's tongue fern to thrive.
- Since they sprout from perennial caudices, the adder's tongue ferns were presumably established in the chamise understory.
More definitions of adder's tongueDefinition of adder's tongue in:
- The US English dictionary