- A reaction in which one molecule combines with another to form a larger molecule with no other products: we would expect the CO linkage to undergo addition reactionsMore example sentences
- Polymerization is an addition reaction.
- Typical reactions of ketones are addition reactions although as a group they are less reactive than the aldehydes.
- Like other hydrocarbons with double bonds, addition reactions can occur to change the double bonds to single bonds.
More definitions of addition reactionDefinition of addition reaction in:
- The US English dictionary