Definition of addled in English:
1Unable to think clearly; confused: this might just be my addled brain playing tricks [in combination]: a drug-addled frat boy
More example sentences
- And yet he has a modicum of charm and a world of vulnerability beneath his gruff booze-addled exterior.
- Billy Mack (Bill Nighy) almost steals the entire film as a foulmouthed, drug-addled rocker trying to rejuvenate his singing career.
- But here you have it: possibly the lamest, most appalling show any coke-addled television executive could dream up.
2(Of an egg) rotten.
- An addled eagle egg was recovered from an abandoned nest along the Androscoggin in Lewiston and submitted to analytical labs for contaminant testing.
- On July 19, 2003 a non-viable, addled osprey egg was collected from a nest at the northern end of Upper Richardson Lake in Richardsontown Township in western Maine.
- Addled eggs will remain unhatched.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan