Definition of adenoma in English:
noun (plural adenomas or adenomata ˌadɪˈnəʊmətə)Medicine
A benign tumour formed from glandular structures in epithelial tissue.
- It is currently believed that most colorectal carcinomas start as benign adenomas that undergo malignant transformation into adenocarcinoma.
- These authors do not clearly state whether these 14 cases represent true malignant mixed tumors or carcinoma ex-pleomorphic adenomas.
- Hepatic adenomas are benign tumors composed entirely of hepatocytes and the appropriate supporting connective tissue framework.
- Example sentences
- Screening for and removal of colorectal cancer and precancerous adenomatous polyps can decrease the incidence of colon disease.
- Colonoscopy is an invasive procedure than examines the entire colon and can be used to obtain biopsy specimens of adenomas and carcinomas and to excise adenomatous polyps.
- The ability to detect precancerous adenomatous polyps, remove them, and thus prevent the development of colorectal cancer is an important rationale for screening.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan