noun[mass noun] Biochemistry
- An enzyme which catalyses the deamination of adenosine to inosine.More example sentences
- SCID is caused by a deficiency in the enzyme adenosine deaminase.
- Patients with SCID are usually treated by replacing an essential enzyme, adenosine deaminase, which is lacking in such people.
- The most common genetic defect that leads to this condition is a loss of the enzyme adenosine deaminase, but there are several others that will put you in the same boat.
More definitions of adenosine deaminaseDefinition of adenosine deaminase in:
- The US English dictionary