Any of a group of DNA viruses first discovered in adenoid tissue, most of which cause respiratory diseases.
- Retroviruses, adenoviruses, and lentiviruses have all been used as vehicles for RNA interference constructs.
- These are usually self-limited syndromes caused by a variety of viruses: rhinovirus, adenovirus, echovirus, coxsackievirus, influenza, and parainfluenza viruses.
- Symptoms of influenza-like illness can be caused by multiple respiratory viruses, including respiratory syncytial virus, parainfluenza virus, adenovirus, rhinovirus, and coronavirus.
- Example sentences
- Unlike the retrovirus, adenoviral DNA functions in an extrachromosomal manner.
- For example, problems include a low transduction of tumour cells because of their low expression of the Coxsackie adenovirus receptor required for adenoviral entry.
- These problems do not occur with adenoviral vectors, but expression persists for only a short time, thus requiring repeated administration, leading to immune reactions.
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: adeno|virus
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.