Definition of adieu in English:
- I shall return presently with trans-Tasman tales of fun, frolics and fermented beverages… adieu!
- If sight and shape be true, why then, my love adieu!
- In other words, it's impossible to adapt anymore, so adieu.
noun (plural adieus or adieux /əˈdjuːz/)Back to top
A goodbye: he whispered a fond adieu
More example sentences
- Also on the 23rd, oddball underground rapper NerdX will bid his adieus and release his latest recording at the Carpenter's Union Hall in Kensington.
- Connie, Larry and I bid our adieus and took an an early evening bar hop down Christopher Street, which included smart drinks at The Monster, Stonewall, The Hangar and Ty's.
- What better a way to spend a cold winter night than in front of the computer with a bottle of Scotch and box of Kleenex writing gushing adieus to those you love?
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan