- A greyish waxy substance formed by the decomposition of soft tissue in dead bodies subjected to moisture.More example sentences
- But some have also recognized its resemblance to a fatty wax called adipocere, which is known to form from body fats buried in wet, anaerobic environments.
- So adipocere may be from white muscle deposits close to the red muscles.
- But since her body had been converted into the wax-like adipocere, the stab marks were clearly visible.
early 19th century: from French adipocire, from Latin adeps, adip- 'fat' + French cire 'wax' (from Latin cera).
More definitions of adipocereDefinition of adipocere in:
- The US English dictionary