- 1Next to or adjoining something else: adjacent rooms the area adjacent to the stationMore example sentences
- Clive and his friends brought the equipment down from their second floor apartment and set up in the room adjacent to the rec room.
- The first morning I stopped abruptly when I heard a squealing pack of rats in a room adjacent to ours.
- The filling station adjacent to the show rooms will not be disturbed during the building works.
- 2 Geometry (Of a pair of angles) formed on the same side of a straight line when intersected by another line.More example sentences
- Their centers thus lie on the trisectors of the angles adjacent to that line.
- More example sentences
- As with most exhibitions, the adjacencies were clearly telling.
- Ironically, adjacency didn't necessarily mean accessibility.
- But we've got a lot of really nifty projects that we're looking at right now that are very entrepreneurial within our core businesses or in an appropriate adjacency, and they're fun.
late Middle English: from Latin adjacent- 'lying near to', from adjacere, from ad- 'to' + jacere 'lie down'.