- 1 Mathematics The joining of two sets which without overlapping jointly constitute a larger set, or the relation between two such sets.More example sentences
- The problem of de Groot concerned compactifications of spaces by means of an adjunction of a set of minimal dimension.
- The last piece of this puzzle is the notion of an adjunction.
- Now we have the notion of an adjunction, along with its unit and counit.
late 16th century: from Latin adjunctio(n)-, from the verb adjungere (see adjoin).
More definitions of adjunctionDefinition of adjunction in:
- The US English dictionary