- A document giving evidence as to the existence or contents of another, missing document.More example sentences
- The trial judge took the view that the police officer's evidence of the defendant's being visibly shocked could be regarded as an adminicle independent of the defendant's evidence.
- It can form one of the (at least) two adminicles of evidence that must exist before it can hold that the person who committed the crime was the accused.
- More example sentences
- He came: he found the islanders beside themselves at this unwelcome resurrection of the dead and the detested; he was shown, as adminicular of testimony, the traveller's uncouth and thick-soled boots.
- The adjective, of course, is adminicular, which I intend to use whenever maximum obfuscation is desired.
mid 16th century: from Latin adminiculum 'prop, support'.